M/s. KSHETRA is a consultancy firm, competent in providing services in the Building Planning, Design and Conservation similarly Human Settlements Planning, Design and Conservation sectors; and taking up research initiatives through its sister organization – Institute for Human Settlements Research, Design and Management (IHSDRM). Established in 1998, the office has been formed as a Space for Architecture where professionals from the allied and applied fields relentlessly engage in the creation and sustenance of appropriate place-making.
The firm is headed by GSV Suryanarayana Murthy, who has a master’s degree in Conservation from School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi along with a host of other qualifications in Traditional Science of Architecture, Sustainable Development and allied fields. He is also the Director of IHSRDM.
As an office, M/s.Kshetra has expertise over matters, whether physical or conceptual, pertaining to the built and natural heritage. We are active participants in issues and works related to the built and natural heritage in the city of Hyderabad, and have successfully provided similar services to different places in India. Our association with a range of government agencies for the consultancy services, roots our approach to design and its management to the absolute reality. That enables us to engage in an architectural practice, which is relevant to its environment and is in effect a contribution towards making our places more sustainable.
1.Organization in the name of GSV Suryanarayana Murthy was awarded Best Architect by Indian Institute of Architects (IIA), AP Chapter for the design of a Vernacular Residential Building Project.
2.The same project also has received Prestigious A+D spectrum foundation Special Mention Award.
3. The Chief Architect GSV Suryanarayana Murthy is presently a Member in the team constituted by Council of Architecture for Preparing Norms for Architectural Conservation Practice (conditions of engagement and scale of charges, etc).
4. Fellowship Award – Govt. of India Ministry of Culture year 2003 for Structural Aspects of Vijayanagara Monuments – Research Study
5. KEERTHI THORANAM – Entrance Gateway of Hyderabad Telangana, 2015 Gateway design has been selected for execution in Hyderabad by Phoenix and GHMC
6. THIRD PRIZE in “Urban Revitalization of Mass Housing” international competition, 2014
7.SECOND PRIZE in International Association of Humane Habitat, International Design Competition 2012
8. Participated in National Smart city competition, SCIENCE CENTRE, GODAVARI KALAKSHETRA & CANALFRONT DEVELOPMENT have been selected for execution in Kakinada by KSCCL (Kakinada smart city corporation limited), Kakinada, 2018
We are consciously making important contributions towards data collection and management for our places, and aim for arriving at facts which enable relevant decision making.