Ayurvedic Hospital, Thapovanam Vijayawada
Sree Durga Malleswara Swamy Devasthanam, Vijayawada has taken up an initiative to construct an Ayurvedic Hospital in Thapovanam, Vijayawada (near Benz Circle). In this Ayurvedic Center, they wanted to provide residential accommodation for people coming for treatment, treatment rooms for pancha karma, massages, mud packs etc., administrative block, kitchen & dining hall, prayer & meditation hall, pathway for morning walk etc.
The Thapovanam Site is located in Patamatalanka in Vijayawada City of Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh State. It is nearly one kilometer away from Benz Circle which could be accessible by any service auto rickshaws or by private vehicles.
- As Ayurveda is the pride of Indian culture, it is preferred to follow the same principle in the proposed built form/ space according to the local context
• Use of traditional Architectural style of Krishna District like mud roof tiles, wooden columns, bamboo etc.
• Not disturbing the existing site features/ religious activities/ cultural activities
• Use of courtyards & veranda spaces to reduce direct sun heat- microclimate
• Orientation of blocks according to Vaastu principles and sun direction
• Use of medicinal plants for landscaping to avoid maintenance cost
• Solar panels and LED lights can be used with the panels placed on the terrace above treatment halls
• Use of water gutters and harvesting pits
• Use of traditional social interaction spaces like arugu, vesara etc
• Providing an easy access to treatment halls- being centrally located
• Providing separate blocks for in- patient and out- patient treatments
EO, Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam
Status of the Projects:
Bhamidipati Kiran, Alekhya, Bhaskar reddy
Photography / 3D illustrations: