Canal Front Development, Kakinada
Canal Front, Kakinada
KSCCL envisages to comprehensively developing both the banks of canal front passing through the city of Kakinada under the smart city initiative of Govt.of India. For the purpose, the stretch between NTR Bridge and Jagannathapuram Bridge has been identified for the development with approximate length of 250m on either side of salt creek.
This project will supplement approximately 3 acres of open gardens and spaces for recreational facilities for the people of Kakinada. In addition, about 500m of promenade walkway along the canal edge will also be developed. These will provide a peaceful environment for all, particularly to the old and young. These additions in the center of the city will considerably enhance the availability of open spaces for the public.
For the purpose of project implementation, the canal edges have been segregated into two zones on either sides of the salt creek and face-lifting of both the existing Bridges (NTR & Jagannathapuram) with refurbishment works enhances the public access, safety and visual character of the place.
The salient features of the proposed development are as follows:
1. Construction & Stabilization of canal edge with steel sheet piling for about 280m along the salt creek.
2. Development of wide promenade walkways along the canal edge with seating cum railing.
3. Reclamation of 0.6 acres of land for development at zone-2.
4. De-silting of the canal front (Approx.6220 cum) in zone-1 &2.
5. Adaptive reuse of existing building into RESTAURANT with development of allied facilities in zone-1.
6. Development of public gardens with OAT, watch tower, covered seating, Ghats area for viewing water fountains cascading from the bridges.
7. Development of Landscaped spaces in zone -2 with food plaza, toilets, Grand entrance plaza and parking facilities for about 200 bikes.
8. Bridge face-lifting with water fountains tumbling into the canal from both bridge ends.
Kakinada Smart City Corporation limited
Status of the Projects:
Bhamidipati Kiran, Bhaskar reddy, Irfan, Krushna, Vishnu, Alekhya, Roshan
Photography / 3D illustrations: