Kanheri caves, Mumbai
The word Kanheri is derived from the Sanskrit word Krishnagiri which means Black Mountain. These caves were created by chiseling a massive basalt rock. Kanheri caves date from 1st century BC to 10th Century BC. There are around 109 caves carved from the basalt rock. The hall of the caves contains the Stupa, which is a Buddhist Shrine.
- Notified Archaeological site area of kanheri caves is Approx. 5.76 Km
- Kanheri caves Areas protected under International Conventions, national or local legislation for their ecological, landscape, cultural or other related value.
- Cave Areas used for protecting, important or sensitive species of flora or fauna for breeding, nesting, foraging, resting, over wintering, migration,etc.
- And kanheri caves already subjected to pollution or environmental damage.
- Chaityagrahas, the place of worship of the Buddhist community
- Viharas or Monasteries, they consist of single and multiple celled where the Buddhist monks resided.
- Podhis or Water Cisterns, which were excavated ingeniously to trap the rain water and store them for use during summer periods
- Rock-cut benches and seats Proposed Site infrastructure, landscaping the Kanheri cave environs 1. Entrance Plaza 2.Parking Area indicating Parking Lots with proper Rows, Arrows, and Markings etc. 3. Sign boards (Warning sign, Traffic sign, Entrance/Exit sign, Map board, Directional sign, Identification sign, Parking sign) 4. Security arrangements such as Metal Detectors, CCTV etc 5.Silent Generator Set 6.Drinking water Facility (Water supply arrangements to be explored, water pipe line, Tube well etc. 7.Pathways (Making Ramp, Railings wherever required) 8.Plants/trees 9.Gardens/ Lawns 10. Sit Outs,Eating places (the structure having Covered roof with jali walls 11. Lighting (Task lighting,Accent lighting, General lighting, Street Lights, Floodlights) 12. drainage 13. Garbage bins (Food and garden waste, Mixed dry recycling and Non-recyclable waste) 14. Introducing new elements of Tourist interest like sound n light show, Musical fountains 15. Prayer area for meditation
Indian oil foundation, Delhi
Status of the Projects:
GSV Suryanarayanamurthy, Abdul Bari, Bhamidipati Kiran, Tejendra, Yamini, Bhaskarreddy, Shantanurao, Naithiksharma, Imtiaz, Abhinash, Krushna
Photography / 3D illustrations: