Old RMC Council Hall, Rajamahendravaram
Built during the British rule in 1890-1905, the council hall was an administrative building which covers an area of 1010 meters Sq. The council hall played an important role in civic administration of the town. During and After the British left, the building was used for civic administrations of Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation. An annexure building was added to the right side of the existing council hall in the mid 1980’s to accommodate the increased office administrations. It is now grown to dilapidated condition due to poor maintenance. This official building commissioned by the British should be made a heritage building that helps them survive in the 21st century through occupancy and maintenance by dedicating it to the history of the Rajamahendravaram and the next generation of Rajahmundry residents. Free flow layout allows the building to hold multiple activities/events like art galleries, exhibition halls, meeting halls etc. Study of the historical importance and the existing condition of the whole building and restoring its form with its authentic components. Multiple access points makes the building’s huge halls with ancillary spaces ideal for scheduling different events at a time.
Rajamahedravaram Municipal Corporation
Status of the Projects:
Bhamidipati Kiran, Bhaskar reddy, Alekhya, Irfan
Photography / 3D illustrations: